Friday, February 10, 2012

Your Very Best Work

Maybe it's me, but I always only want to upload photos that I think are awesome. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? If it's not beautiful to me, how can I know what will be beautiful to you? It's ridiculous to rely on others to tell you what's good, especially if you show the same thing in two different places to two different groups of people.

For Christmas, I got a Holga TLR 120. The first roll produced a few images I liked while the second was awful, not helped by the fact that my film was ISO 800. The images overlapped or were blurry or dark. Still, I considered scanning a few and posting them for the heck of it. I mean, people do that.

Maybe for the next blog I'll post some of the experiments gone awry. This time, I am showing my most recent roll shot with Fujifilm ISO 400 with the Pentax and a couple of filters. I am very happy with many of the images from this time around.

As an artist, do you only show your very best work, or do you show things you're not sure of?

--DR









No comments:

Post a Comment