Thursday, February 2, 2012

Let's be Honest




I didn't think I'd live past 30. I never even thought of what I'd do with my life if I found out I was wrong. Maybe that was my excuse to detach from everything. I guess it is a mute point.

I had a revelation one night when I was out with a friend, this amazing woman who is so good at everything and visually stunning as well. I wondered what her life would be like if she had decided to just exist and not take advantage of her every talent. What a tragedy...I really mean that. So why should I squash down all of my capabilities?

Have you ever thought of that? What if Prince, Stevie Nicks, Beyonce, Madonna, Janis Joplin, Heart, The Who, Justin Timberlake, Jeff Bridges....or fill in the blank next to where it reads "Who is amazing?"...had never done their thing?

What if we are all amazing?

--DR

1 comment: