Thursday, March 29, 2012

What I've Shot Lately

In the past few months, I've evolved back to digital. This is mainly due to the fact that I've switched lenses; I went from using a 24-135mm f/3.5/5.6 zoom lens to a fixed 50mm f/1.4 on my Canon. What a difference!! The shots below were all shot using the latter lens. Oh yeah, and I'm shooting RAW all the time now with the Canon ( I wasn't before). I still carry around my little Samsung, which, unfortunately, only shoots JPG. Oh, well...

For those who are as unfamiliar as I was with RAW vs. JPG, here's an easy analogy.

Your DSLR ( and maybe your point & shoot ) can be set to shoot images in RAW or JPG. Shooting RAW take up a lot more space on an SD card. For example, a new 4GB card can record over a thousand JPGs, but only a little over a hundred RAW images. However, RAW images can be manipulated in many more ways than JPGs because there's much more memory being stored all at once. Some people describe shooting all JPG is the equivalent to keeping a bunch of prints while throwing away the negatives.

That's pretty much it.

--DR


Chicken Little!


Brett


Private Flapper Jokes


Elemental, My Dear


DJ Masscomm


Getting Serious


My Favorite Shades

No comments:

Post a Comment