Sunday, January 23, 2011

A little late; photos after the destruction

When Nashville was flooded last May, I did not run out and take a bunch of photos. I was not motivated to do so, perhaps because I was overwhelmed. I didn't have electricity for four days. There were many people who fared far worse than me, though.

Now, it's January, 2011, a whole eight months later. I keep noticing this trailer park on Nolensville Road. Unsavory-looking to begin with, is has been rendered uninhabitable, as it was settled next to a creek which rose after the rain finally stopped, lifting the trailers off their foundations, where they have remained ever since.

I wanted to take these photos for months, but was afraid to go there by myself, which is something I rarely experience. It's not the kind of place one would simply venture out to for no good reason, and I spent a lot of time just looking over my shoulder. I was not able to photograph the insides of the trailers. I could have, but because I was alone, I decided I didn't want to find out if anyone was squatting in any of them.

I wonder where the residents ended up.










No comments:

Post a Comment