Monday, August 30, 2010

The nude figure

The following images were taken in participation with an art competition this summer titled "In The Nude". Because I did not have a lot of time, and had never shot a model nude before (still haven't), I decided to model for the competition myself. I didn't win, but got lots of compliments on the bottom picture. I consider it a compliment to my skills that no one knew the model was me.

Nude modeling is not for everyone. Many models just do it for the money, which is fine. However, most photographers who shoot nudes are looking for a model who can contribute more than just physical presence. It is about creative chemistry, whether it be sexual, sensual, melancholy, playful, innocent or bravado.

I hope these images will inspire any artist, especially the girl who wants to pose nude but just can't take her clothes off in front of someone. You can do it!






No comments:

Post a Comment